What to do, and, more importantly, how to do it.
* If your accommodation is in Bear Lane or Little Clarendon Street come directly to the College. If your room is in the EPA (in Museum Road) go straight there. Both places have Porters who are available 24 hours a day and seven days a week, they will be able to tell you which room is yours, to give you the keys and tell you how to find the room.
* Parking in Oxford is difficult and numerous traffic wardens enforce the parking restrictions rigorously. If you have to unload your belongings from a car then firstly go to the porters who will issue you with a parking waiver to put on the dashboard, this allows you to park on the double yellow lines for up to 40 minutes and to be free of the attentions of the parking wardens. Without this document you are likely to be ticketed and fined.
* If you have a College room you will also be asked to sign a contract agreeing the conditions of your accommodation before the key is given to you.
On Arrival Day
* Check in at the Porter's lodge to get your room keys (if you have college accommodation), access card, arrival information and directions.
* Soon after arrival, see Carmella Elan-Gaston, the Graduate Officer in Staircase 4 to finalize your register and collect your Bod Card (student ID card) which you need to access libraries, the dining hall, etc. And pick up your Welcome Pack.
* See the IT Manager to set up your Lincoln College login and for any computing help. You will need a Lincoln login to access all college computers except those in the library. Set up your Oxford email account.
* Join the Oxford Facebook network, and subscribe to the Lincoln MCR Facebook group to start getting to know other students.
During your first week
* Make sure you check in to your department and are aware of the orientation events it has scheduled. Contact your departmental supervisor if you know who she/he is.
* Read your Welcome Pack to find your College Advisor and schedule a meeting with him or her.
* Buy sub fusc: check out Ede and Ravenscroft on the High Street or Walter's on Turl Street right across from college. You may also find second hand robes online and through the Oxford University Student Union (OUSU). You will need sub fusc for Matriculation and to eat in formal hall during 1st week.
* Buy a laundry card from the Graduate Officer (5 GBP) and top it up on the machine in the main lodge of EPA Centre Lodge.
* Find out about degree ceremonies (graduation) especially if you are on a one year degree.
* Sign up for meals if you want to eat in hall. The sign-in sheet is posted in the Lodge and you must enter your name by 10:00 AM on the same day to reserve a space. For weekend meals you will need to sign up by 10:00 AM on Friday.