Lincoln College


Board and Lodgings information, 2014-15



Accommodation can usually be provided for all first-year and second-year graduate students, and for a number of those in their third and subsequent years. Allocation of rooms from second year onwards is decided by a ballot, run by the MCR.

Lincoln has three complexes of dedicated graduate accommodation in the city centre: the Bear Lane complex, two minutes from the central College site; the EPA Science Centre, close to the University Science Area; and a new building at the corner of Little Clarendon Street and Walton Street, close to the Radcliffe Quarter (opening 2013).

All rooms have access to kitchens, and all rooms at the EPA and at Walton Street have ensuite bathrooms.

All rooms are let for the academic year (37 weeks) with the option to extend into the Summer vacation.

We have accommodation suitable for disabled students both at the EPA and at Walton Street. Most of the main college site (including Hall and the bar) is accessible by wheelchair. The MCR is not currently accessible by wheelchair, but will be by 2014.

Accommodation Charges 2014-15

   Category A  Category B  Category C  Category D
 Weekly Rent  £160.65  £152.25  £137.90  £122.50


You can expect meal costs to be of the following order:

  • Breakfast: £1.15
  • Lunch: £3.25
  • Dinner: £4.75

Lincoln College food is widely regarded as among the very best in the University, and the 15th-Century Hall provides a popular focus for life in College. Breakfast, lunch and dinner are available in Hall throughout the year. Formal Hall is held daily (except Saturdays) during term-time, in addition to a daily informal dinner. In addition, light meals are available in the atmospheric cellar bar ('Deep Hall') during term time.

UUK Code of Practice

Students should know about the Universities UK approved code of practice for student accommodation. This sets out basic standards for student accommodation in Higher Education Institutions such as the Oxford Colleges.

You can find out more information by going to Universities UK code of practice website.