Elman Poole Photographic Prize
This is an annual photography competition open to all current students, Fellows and staff of Lincoln College, funded by the generosity of Lincoln alumnus Dr Elman Poole (1953).
The 2012-2013 competition is now closed, congratulations to our winner and runner up!
Winner: Richard Passmore (2008)
For his photo of the International Space Station (ISS) as it traversed the skies of Oxford. It was taken in Front Quad of College at 19:00 on Tuesday 19th February. The space station was visible for only 4 minutes, passing overhead at an altitude of 250 miles at a speed of 17,000 mph. Using a long exposure the photo captures 69 seconds of the ISS's path in the night sky before it disappeared from sight. See the photo below. This image will be the 2013 Lincoln Christmas card.
Runner Up: Dina Tsesarsky (2012)
For her black and white photo taken at the 2012 matriculation day in College. See photo below.
The theme for the 2013-2014 competition will be announced soon, so watch this space!
Competition rules and how to enter:
- Entrants may submit up to two entries as prints (7x5 inches) or electronic images, in colour or in black and white.
- The winner will receive a £100 cash prize and his or her photo may be printed on a Lincoln greeting card.
- The runner-up will receive a £50 cash prize.
HOW TO ENTER
- Take a photo that illustrates the theme given.
- Submit each entry with your name, email address and contact telephone number to: Bev Cousins, Alumni & Communications Officer, Lincoln College Development Office (firstname.lastname@example.org)
Full rules are available here