For students in Year 10
We will be running these for state schools in our link areas (Lincolnshire, North Lincolnshire, Northeast Lincolnshire, Bristol, North Somerset, Bath and Northeast Somerset, and South Gloucestershire) through the 2014-15 academic year. They offer an opportunity for more able students in Year 10 to visit Oxford and to find out more about what studying at the University is really like. We also consider what they can do now to give themselves the best possible choice of courses in the future. The day-long programme includes:
- A talk on Higher Education and Oxford
- A tour of Lincoln with current undergraduates
- Lunch in the College’s Dining Hall (subject to availability)
- An academic-themed session, run by one of our postgraduate students or staff at a University Collection
- An opportunity to explore the wider city and University
Places are generally limited to 15 students and 2 teachers per school, with two or three schools attending each event. We regret that are not able to provide overnight accommodation. For more information, please refer to the FAQs or contact the our Schools Liaison Officer on firstname.lastname@example.org.