For students in Year 10
We will run these for state schools in our link areas (Bath and North East Somerset, Bristol, North Somerset and South Gloucester, and Lincolnshire and North- and North-East Lincolnshire) each year. They offer an opportunity for more able students in Year 10 to visit Oxford and to find out more about what studying at the University is really like. We also consider what they can do now to give themselves the best possible choice of courses in the future. The day-long programme includes:
- A talk on Higher Education and Oxford
- A tour of Lincoln with current undergraduates
- Lunch in the College’s Dining Hall
- An academic-themed session, run by one of our postgraduate students or staff at a University Collection
- An opportunity to explore the wider city and University
Places are limited to 10 students and 2 teachers per school, with two or three schools attending each event.
Places for the 2013-14 Lincoln Taster Days are now fully booked.